- You should be getting your ALFCA Convention brochure at your school. Secure your reservations as soon as possible before rooms run out. Convention is January 23-25th, 2020 at the Embassy Suites in Montgomery.
- New FSU head coach Mike Norvell WILL still be speaking at the ALFCA clinic. Norvell, one of the country’s hottest young coaching prospects is scheduled to speak on Thursday evening.
- Congratulations to all of this year’s ALFCA Coach of the Year and Assistant Coach of the Year winners. You can see a complete list at alfca.com. The banquet will be held Saturday, January 25th at 11:15 AM at the Embassy Suites. Also congratulations tot his year’s Lifetime Achievement Winners-Mike Battles, Sr., Fred Yancey and Dan Washburn.
- Expect to see Troy offensive coordinator Ryan Pugh accompany head coach Chip Lindsey to the ALFCA clinic.
- Ever wonder why a guy you think should be a shoe in for Coach of the Year didn’t win the award? Chances are it is because he was not nominated. In fact, in some classifications we have hardly any nominations at all. Next year nominate a deserving coach. Forms are sent to each school at the beginning of the school year and you can always print a copy off of the website.
- Looking for games? Reply to our Twitter thread and share info at #ahsaa. We are going to be looking for more ways to use Twitter in the future to aid our coaches and the ALFCA.
- Mississippi beat Alabama 17-16 in overtime at the 33rd edition of the Alabama-Mississippi All Star game Saturday. The game was played on the campus of Southern Mississippi University. It was the fifth overtime game in the series and the first loss in overtime for the Alabama team. Alabama still leads the series by a count of 22-11.
- The live broadcast of the new classifications for football on Tuesday was exciting, well done and a great idea. There were great interviews with Ron Ingram, Steve Savarese, Josh Bean and Ben Thomas of al.com. The whole process was explained and clarified for all. A tip of the cap to the AHSAA staff and the Central Board for bringing some excitement and openness to the entire reclassification process. Well done.
- Coach Adam Winegarden’s +10 Culture Clinic is scheduled for Thursday and Friday, February 13th and 14th this year. You can get more info at lessonsfrom thegoalpost.com.
- The ALFCA wished all of our coaches a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
ALABAMA FOOTBALL COACHES ASSOCIATION